[CODE] Magical Weapons' Duration

From: Christoffer Lundberg (avatar@ORION.BODEN.SE)
Date: 12/06/97

I have made a spell called 'Astral Weapon' that summons forth a
weapon for the caster to wield.
I have successfully gotten the spell to work in the parts of
summoning the weapon, auto-wielding it and having the spell
cast upon oneself.

Then came the tricky part, to make the weapon disappear after a given
time. I have tried many different solutions, but all made the MUD crash
or the code was just skipped over in the system (even though no errors
in Make).
This includes an add to point_update, a few lines in update_char_objects,
a whole new comm.c check called update_astral, among others (too many
to be mentioned here).

Have somebody out there had the same problem as I have?
Maybe someone can help me...

The thing is, that I want the blade gone in a given time. Even
GET_OBJ_TIMER didn't work. Not even a new structure called
astral_timer worked (Instead, the MUD crashed every tick).

/Christoffer