Re: [CODE] Find Familiar

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 12/07/97

>I added the following spell code for find familiar, but it will not find
>mob 10099(which IS made and saved) or any others for that matter to load
>them.  It always doesn't pass the checker function at the bottom and
>gives me "there is no mob with that number."  If anyone knows why,
>please help out.

Well, try this:

mob = read_mobile(rnum, VIRTUAL);
if (!mob)
  log("SYSERR: No familar with that number");

Also, if you want to have familiars that re-load, take a look at my
assassin code on Alex' snippet site.  I used a similar concept to have
familiars reload when you re-login.  It's quite nice to have a familiar
come back so your mana isn't wasted.  :)