Re: ADMIN:Autoloading

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 12/08/97

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Scott Johnson wrote:

> I'm a C++ programmer that is starting to mess with Unix and writing
> Muds.  I'm not an Admin however.  My question is how do I get the
> CircleMUD to autoload when the Linux server is restarted?

In /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Find where things like sendmail and (maybe) gpm are started.

Add something like:

cd /home/mudlogin/circlebpl12/
su mudlogin -c ./autorun&
cd

Of course, change the "mudlogin" to whatever the name of the account is
that normally has control of the mud, and change the path in the first cd
to whereever the mud is run from.

For more info: man su

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.