send_to_charf, etc

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 12/08/97

ok, I was C++-ifying the CircleMUD base (my hacked up version of it that
is, not stock)
and i was wondering something about Macros that I never thought
i'd be asking.

ok, if you don't know what i mean when i say
send_to_charf(ch, "string", fmt, etc, etc);
then ignore this post. I don't need confusion, just answers.

ok, in my process of moving to C++,
i created a printf() member function in class/struct char_data
char_data::printf()
which is just like printf.
so I can do
ch->printf("string %s %d", anotherstring, aninteger);
well, what i've done
with the
ch->print() was use
send_to_char() as a macro like so

#define send_to_char(messg, ch) (ch)->print(messg)

I was wondering if it was possible to do that with send_to_charf
ie
#define send_to_charf(ch, messg) (ch)->printf(messg)
and possibly it would accept messg as all the excess pointers and stuff

send_to_charf(ch, "messg %s %d %d", string, number, number);
would be changed in the preprocessor to
ch->printf("messg %s %d %d", string, number, number);

is this possible? this is just to save
my future coders trouble in trying to understand what i've
done to CircleMUD.

Thanks for any help.

Akuma theRaging Coder

  |     "Yea, though I code in the Valley of the Shadow of No      |
  | Documentation, I will fear no task: for thy C Book is with me" |
  |          "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"              |
  |     "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."      |