Re: [NEWBIE] tar.gz

From: Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 12/12/97

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Canute wrote:

> >> How or what do I have to do to use a tar.gz download?
> >
> >        These were the type of questions I was referring to earlier.
> >Jesus.
> >

> i take it that you were never a newbie?, instead of throwing in your
> pointless comments, perhaps you could have simply answered that persons
> question.

        Never said I never was, however, I made damn sure that I had the
knowledge to run a MUD, (which I took a C class for), basic Unix
knowledge, and an idea of where to go if I didn't.
        This list is supposed (or so I thought) to be for people to
discuss Circle Code, and Circle Ideas. Instead we get bombarded with
nit-wits who don't know what a .gz extension means. Give me a break. This
is not the Newbie help list, as you think it is. Nobody minds helping
someone that is having problems, and have tried to fix them in a
knowledgable way, but some of these questions are getting ridiculous.

         /|"You will never see me cause    \/------------------\/|\
          | I'm always alone" -Ministry      dalamar@cybercom.net|
          |"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to   |
        _\|_time_with_the_blood_of_patriots_and_tyrants"_-ThomasJ|/_