[QUESTION] toupper problems

From: Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 12/12/97

        I am trying to take an argument, buf2, toupper it, and then copy
that into a char pointer like so:
        *choice = toupper(*buf2);
        I have added log comments in every step of my code, and it does
not get by this line. Is this valid code on *Nix box? I made a sample
program that did the same thing with MSVC 5.0 and had no problems. It
copied over fine, but crashes on my BSD machine with a Seg fault.
        If this is Ok, then why doesn't the log file log my next comment
right after it?

         /|"You will never see me cause    \/------------------\/|\
          | I'm always alone" -Ministry      dalamar@cybercom.net|
          |"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to   |
        _\|_time_with_the_blood_of_patriots_and_tyrants"_-ThomasJ|/_