Re: [HELP]GDB

From: Joe Frohne (frohne@POST.ITS.MCW.EDU)
Date: 12/12/97

> Ok I'm trying to use gdb to find out whats with this core dump S*IT I
> think theres an error but my syslog and syslog.crash are empty!
>
> Could someone please help me figure out gdb?

The easiest way is to start gdb and pass it the program and core file
like so:

gdb bin/circle lib/core

It should spit out where it crashed and what line at that point...

Also, as the FAQ states, print is the must commonly used command I.E.

print *ch spits out all the character information ect...

Hope this helped, if not, check out the FAQ, it wen't into a little more
detail.

Joe