Re: ASCII data files

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 12/12/97

At 11:01 PM 12/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
>        Disk space as one person pointed out should rarely be a
consideration.
>If a person cannot afford the disk space to run a mud, he is in real trouble
>anyway! Disks are not that expensive, and muds really aren't that disk
hungry.
>The mud I am coding using all ASCII files, a 200x200 wilderness, with all the
>source and .o files uses up 56meg of disk space.  I am sorry if you think
>thats alot, because it just isn't.

I do think it is a lot, but then again I am running 4 copies of circle at
about 30M sans .o files. One running copy, one test copy, one clean stock
bpl11, and one bpl11 being changed for a patch. (*The guild editor didnt
like being bounced back into the stock while it works FINE on mine.
[grumble]*)

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/wos/
silk@ici.net                 --- telnet://cmoo.com:4004