Re: code snippet for grenades?

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 12/13/97

At 02:15 AM 12/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>does anyone have a code snippet for a grenade that will work as follows:
>
>players grabs grenade, pulls pin, throws it into adjacent room,
>
>grenade does damage to people in adjacent room, as well as creates shrapnel
>which will hit into adjacent rooms of the the room in which it explodes?

I've a more simple grenade spec_proc... if anyone is interested I'll post it
here. Mine is based on a version of the events code on the ftp site (with the
add_event() function)... it gets tossed into the current room of the player...
generally explodes after 5 seconds unless (randomly) it is 120 seconds... if a
player has it in inventory during the explosion (picking up a faux-dud?) they
take major damage - otherwise all in the room are damaged... (mine doesn't
extend
to other rooms but that's a simple change I'd think - see the do_scan()
snippet)... and once in a while in my code the player gets a grenade with a
short fuse (random, not a special obj) and it blows up upon pulling the
imaginary
pin. (I call the pin imaginary because I didnt want to load a pin into the
players inventory but this is another simple addition if you want the
realism.)

Sammy // equoria.com:4000    (not the more-known Sammy :)