[CODE] An online MOTD and IMOTD editor

From: Chuck Reed (creed@I-55.COM)
Date: 12/15/97

Hello.  I have been working on an on-line imotd/motd editor and thought
I was done when I ran into a problem I can't figure out.  The problem is
that, when I enter the command (motd_edit), it simply freezes the game.
No shutdown, no core file, nothing.  I have it defined in interpreter.c
with the ACMD and the :
{ "edit_motd", POS_RESTING, do_edit_motd, LVL_IMPL, 0},
line .  I am stuck, wonder if anyone could help.  This is the code I
have for it:

ACMD(do_edit_motd)
{
  #define MOTD "text/motd"
  int i = TRUE;
  FILE *f;
  char buf2[100];

  f = fopen(MOTD,"w");
  send_to_char("Enter a new MOTD below:\r\n", ch);
    while(i != FALSE) {
       send_to_char("] ", ch);
       scanf("%s", buf2);
         while(buf2 != "/s")
            fprintf(f, "%s\r\n", buf2);
   if(buf2 == "/s")
   i = FALSE;
  }
 fclose(f);
}

PS - The IMOTD one is this but with IMOTD instead of MOTD.

Chuck