Re: Development Style

From: Aaron Miller (archmage@CRYOGEN.COM)
Date: 12/02/97

>pico
Yeah! pico! Thee best editor. I can't stand vi or emacs, or anything in X for that matter.

ObCircle:
I'm re-writing the chargen routine in interpreter.c. I'm having problems
parsing arguments, however. I need three arguments (I wrote a function for
that). arg only contains one, and argument is undeclared. Anyone? Also, this
is more of a general C question, but what would be an efficient way to do
this (psuedo code follows)

  if chars input is bla, set pointer1 to inp
  if chars input is bla2, set pointer1 to inp2
  if chars input is bla3, set pointer1 to inp3

  /* inp, inp2, and inp3 are all variables. after some type of if statement
   * i want to be able to modify one thing in any case (pointer1) in such
   * a way that its _VALUE_ is the variable being changed. so if pointer1 = inp
   * i want to change inp. due to the number of possible switches in my real
   * code, this is much easier then changing the said variable in each if
   * statement
   */

  change the variable thats name is the same as the value of pointer1

  end

Ok, I hope that wasn't too messy. Any help would be appreciated.