Re: [System] Cygnus Gnu Win 32 - bpl12

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 12/18/97

I got this warning a lot with cygnus gnu also:

gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  comm.c
cc1.exe: Invalid option `-fno-strict-prototypes'
comm.c: In function `main':
comm.c:186: warning: subscript has type `char'
comm.c: In function `process_input':
comm.c:1237: warning: subscript has type `char'

line 186:
    if (!isdigit(*argv[pos])) {

where:
int pos; char **argv;

and line 1237:

      } else if (isascii(*ptr) && isprint(*ptr)) {

where:
char *ptr;

All the "warning: subscript has type `char'" messages under cygnus
gnu are a result of such statements as the above.

I don't know if this is something worth doing anything about in stock,
however...