Re: asciification

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 12/18/97

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Angus Mezick wrote:

>      a way easily each of these options individually for people who have
>      done things like rewritten the board code and trashed houses.

Did I miss the beginning of this sentence?

Boards are very simple things.  I think the convertor and patch to
Board_load_board() and Board_save_board() altogether took 30 minutes to
write and debug.  If you've changed the format, it may take you 2 minutes
to make changes to my patch.

If you don't use houses, you really don't have to worry about conversion.
If you totally rewrote the house code, you'll have to totally rewrite the
ascii house conversion, which shouldn't be hard.

I'm planning on including a simple guide to adding variables with the new
ascii patch.  It's not going to be a step-by-step guide, but will be a
quick reference so you can quickly find the file and functions that need
to be changed.

Sam