Stuff [Might wanna read]

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 12/21/97

Ok, I've got a few things on my mind before I go to sleep tonite
(it's 1:19 am).

first of all.
I see in many places the
#if(n)def __SOMETHING_C__
and i also see
#if (!)defined(__SOMETHING_C__)

i was wondering if there is a real (codewise) difference or if the
only difference is that one is a GNU C extension and the other isn't.

b/c if this is true, i may as well keep it the way i've been doing it
(#ifdef)

another thing:
I've finally completed the basics of my Spell Checker code.
it requires Ispell and right now, i gotta get up early so i'm
not gonna post it tonite.  It only has the options (when a word
not in the dictionary has been found)
Replace (A)ll, (I)gnore, or E(x)it Spell-Checker.
basically Ignore will continue, Exit will stop spell-checking no matter what.
and replace will bring up a prompt like so
Replace all 'to_replace' with what? _
and you enter something and it does a manual replace (which allows for 's
to be
replaced instead of using the replace function)
currently i can only get the Replace All working b/c I can't think
of a way to Replace JUST that word (considering you can spell-check only
certain lines using a word counter (to point to the to_replace word)
is kinda (IMO) out of the question). I could prolly hack something up
but i need some sleep right now :-P

umm. oh yeah. something else.
I hacked DG's Code to pull out the do_pose function (class-based social)
it's pretty interesting. I have 6 more class-based poses to add but
right now i use a modulus to keep it in range :-P

I've been planning to look through DG's code some more for some
more "ideas" to port to Circle (C) or to my (C/C++) mud.

anyway, i'm beginning to, or have been, babbling.  So I'll leave you
all to your ideas.  Post some.  Lemme know if you'd like to use the
spell-checker.

I may (if i get the Replace Only working) add in a (number of times
spell-checker has been used) to see if it's really worth it.
I know for a fact on my mud that at least 20 outta the 200 or less beta
testers have used it.  of course we only have like 30 come on often.

shrug.
l8r
Akuma the Raging Coder
-- lemme know what you think of the sig below

  |     "Yea, though I code in the Valley of the Shadow of No      |
  | Documentation, I will fear no task: for thy C Book is with me" |
  |          "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"              |
  |     "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."      |