Re: [BUG] EnhancedEdit overflow crashes

From: Daniel W. Burke (dwb@IX.NETCOM.COM)
Date: 12/28/97

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, Chris Jacobson wrote:

> EnhancedEdit.  Just enter text until it crashes (usually happens after it
> tells you that it the buffer is full).  Or just hold enter until it
> crashes (same thing).

I didn't notice that one, but I did notice, in the improved editor, that if
you set the max_str longer then MAX_STRING_LENGTH, and that string got
reformatted (and the text was indeed longer), it would crash in
format_text() because of a string overflow (the string it's reformatted to
is only MAX_STRING_LENGTH).

A fix for that would be to either not make strings be able to be longer then
that, or to increase the temp variable's length as necessary.

Brazil