Re: DG Script Update

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 12/30/97

ok, I've got about 10 solid hours of time into them, and things seem to be
progressing
nicely.  i've learned that the documentation for them is a little better
than the code -
i say this because i've discovered 2, perhaps 3 serious problems. one, i
posted to
the list earlier, about receive_mtrigger not being called. a second, greet
triggers, in the
dg source, are being called for the room the character leaves from, rather
than the room
the character enters (not bad if its called an exit trigger instead :).
finally, the docs have
a nice variable used in greets called %direction%, which supposedly
contains the direction
the character entering the room came from. however, i dont think its
actually getting set
up -- i have to look more into this.

at any rate, by the end of the week, i expect to put a tar.gz on my web
site (address to
be posted later) which will contain the new source files and some
haphazzard directions
on installing them. i didnt do my work on a stock circle source (i'm not
even based off of
pl12, i'm off pl11) so it probably doesnt make much sense for me to put out
a patch.

send me your positive comments (flames to /dev/null)....