Re: [OFF-TOPIC] MSP (was: Clarification)

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 12/30/97

On Tuesday, December 30, 1997 7:21 PM, Fili [SMTP:cybom@NETROPOLIS.NET] wrote:
> Doppleganger Software wrote:
<snip>>
> > >3) Sound vs. Music. Zmud seems to make the distinction, but not
> > >completely. e.g. !!SOUND("mymidi.mid", ....) works just fine. Can't
> > >play midi and sound at the same time either. Though I can do it if
> > >I use MCI in a vb app or whatever. Is this an MSP issue or a zmud
> > >specific MCI implementation issue?
> >

> No wonder! Do a !!MUSIC("mymidi.mid") thing!

Duh...

!!MUSIC and !!SOUND both play midi files. Zmud just sends an MCI request to
windows and windows handles it.

My question: Has anyone used zmud and gotten midi and wav files to play
the same time via MSP triggers sent from a mud?

If so, configuration details would be welcomed, as I am sure I have my system
setup correctly, but there may be something that zmud does differently.. It's
a Delphi app, and I don't write code in Delphi so I'm not 100% up to speed on
it's idiosyncracies as I could be...

--Mallory

Neither sweat, nor blood, nor frustration, nor lousy manuals
nor missing parts, nor wrong parts shall keep me from my task.
  --Christopher Hicks