Re: [CODE] Proposition for bpl13

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/06/98

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Andrey Fidrya wrote:

> I think characters must have ability to manipulate with their own items in
> dark except some commands like read or recite.
> In my MUD I use this piece of code for recognizing char's private items: (add
> it to CAN_SEE_OBJ):

I made it so that "rem all" would remove everything they were wearing,
and that "wear all" would wear everything (or try to) in their inv.
(including weapons) even if they were in the dark.

The next step that I took was to make sure that they could rem our
wear/hold/wield light giving objects individually. The way I figure it,
an object that gives off light should be seeable even in darkness. I know
that a torch that is not lit cannot give off light, but I still allow it
for game balance. There are times where realism must be sacrificed to
make the game more playable and this was one of those times.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke