Re: [patch]Patchlevel12 large bugfix

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/06/98

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Mike Carpenter wrote:

> I was wondering, before I apply the patchlevel12 large bugfix if there is
> anything I should know, before I apply it.  The reason im asking is because
> it is under the section, very experimental.  Can anyone fill me in to as why
> its under that section.  And what extra i need to do if anything.

The way I understand it, George puts stuff there when he's sure that the
code will work, but hasn't had time to test it.

As always, when you are unsure about what a patch is going to do, then
patch it in by hand. Yes, it does take more time and effort to do that,
but if you don't want to spend that time and effort on your mud, then I
would suggest that you stick with playing muds, not coding on them.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke