Help with OasisOLC

From: Joe Osburn (joeos19@IDT.NET)
Date: 12/31/97

Hello!  I'm fairly new to coding with Circlemud, however I've worked with C++
in watcom a lot, so I hopefully won't ask anything stupid.  Anyways, I added
a new field to object files, U, like E for extra descriptions that allows
people to apply objects to one another.  I also updated my OasisOLC 6.0 to
support this to allow my builders to do the new field.  Everything works
fine, except when you type in the message that should be sent to the room,
if you have a $n, it adds an extra $.  Anyone know why this would happen?
Is therre something real obvious I'm missing?  Thanks a lot.

Joe Osburn