Re: [DG Script] Safety Check

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 01/08/98

At 09:55 PM 1/7/98 -0800, you wrote:
>For those of you who are worried about immortals using mobile commands when
>they shouldn't, IE when switched, in dg_mobcmds.c, find the lines that say
[snipped code]
>For those of you who don't know what that does, is it checks for a
>descriptor.  This was in the mobprog mobcmd.c and I thought it might be a
>good update.

I do too; unless someone can give me a compelling reason not to, I'll
add this in the next pl (which will also fix act triggers, speech triggers,
events, improve error logging, and - uh - well, anyone got bugs to tell us
about?

The next pl will also slightly (and somewhat uselessly, at this point) extend
upon the original DG. Speech triggers will have a variable, %speech%,
available
to them, containing the complete message spoken by the actor. The reason for
this is you may wish a mob to accept several words (as opposed to a phrase,
which,
incidently, now is implemented) in one trigger but have a variation on
commands
based on which word was triggered on.  At the moment it isnt possible but down
the line I'll be adding  %speech.contains(word)% as a boolean.

If there are other, similar things you think this package should have, i'd
like to hear
about it. Of course no promises on a date of delivery, but I'm keeping a
list of what
I'd like to add here.