Re: [GDB] help with output

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 01/09/98

     it is even worse then that. if clan is defined as:
     struct clan_struct clan[MAX_CLAN];
     you will be exceeding the array boundry and writing into the date
     right after the the array of clan structs because the array index will
     run from 0 -> (MAX_CLAN-1)
     BIG BIG OUCHIE.
     don't forget, it should be
     sprintf(buf+strlen(buf),"%s Company\r\n",clan[i].clan_name);
     Copying a buffer into itself can do different things on different
     implentations of strings.h on different OS's

     if you don't like strlen, sprintf returns the number of chars copied
     into the buffer.  now if only strcat and strcpy did that :)
     --Angus