Re: Spam and crashes

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/13/98

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Rasdan wrote:

> Have any of you noticed when someone does some very heavy spam,
> (ie: #25 eq), and while that someone is being snooped, the game crashes?
> If so, do you know anything that can fix this?

I know that something like that would probably kick the snooper (and maybe
the snoopee) offline because of the spam. If it's trully crashing the mud
and not just your link, then you probably have a buffer overflow
somewhere. Perhaps George's buffer patch will fix problems like that and
prevent the bane of C programming from happenening to you.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke