Re: parse error

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/16/98

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Davidson, Christopher M wrote:

> > > This is more or less a question for a coder, but it goes like this.
> > > I've just tried to compile circle beta 12 under Slackware Linux
> > 3.4.0
> > > and I'm getting a parse error before 'restrict' in main.
>
> comm.c:64: warning: useless keyword or type name in empty declaration
> comm.c:64: warning: empty declaration
> comm.c: In function 'main':
> comm.c:198: parse error before 'restrict'
> comm.c: In function 'unrestric_game':
> comm.c:1566: parse error before 'restrict'

Since you didn't send me the code that you have, I will assume that you
have stock BPL 12 under Slack. I just gunzipped/tarred the stock release
and did configure and make under Slackware.

My line 64 of comm.c is:
extern int restrict;

Seems to me that you have a broken archive, or do not have stock code.

I would suggest downloading a fresh copy and trying it.
ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/3.x/circle30bpl12.tar.gz

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke