Re: SPCC & Guild of Implementors

From: Fili (cybom@NETROPOLIS.NET)
Date: 01/19/98

Joe Frohne wrote:

> > I think this Guild of Imps is a good idea minus the "badmouthing" of muds
> > part.  There would be nothing wrong with giving out a list of "originaly
> > coded" muds, but saying someone's mud is "unoriginal" and posting it all
> > over the net is just a bit rude IMHO.  It is the only counter productive
> > thing I can see about it however, it sounds like a good idea to work on.
> >
> > Chuck Reed
>
> I have to agree with you here.  What is the point of badmouthing the stock
> muds.  That dosen't accomplish anything.  Instead of being negative, like
> so many of you seem to be, try just promoting good muds.  Don't mention
> anything about the bad ones.  Good & bad is all subjective anyway.
>
> Like the old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Note - Due to popular hatred, I have decided to take a poll on the
functions of the SPCC. Please reply by private email, including your
vote as follows:
1) List suggested muds, list stock muds.
2) List suggested muds, list stock muds that want to be stock, list
stock muds that claim to be original.
3) List suggested muds, explain qualities of stock muds.