Re: [DG Scipts] Request for all information

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 01/19/98

On 1/19/98 11:45 AM, Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM) stated:

>I'm certainly happy to have Chris or others assist in making this package
>a truely "must-have" item for CircleMUD's. I've got the initial release
>stable
>now, as far as I know (no complaints at least), and I plan to rest at least
>for
>a little while. I do have ideas on how to extend DG for the better, beyond
>the
>original documentation, and if people are willing to implement my ideas, so
>much the better :)  Chris also has some good idea's that he's posted,
>regarding string parsing. I'd be happy to fold things like this into a
>later version
>of DG if people are interested.

Also, while looping could be implemented with the addition of a variable
to the command item structure, which would point back to the beginning of
a loop, and would function basically the same as an if-block, with the
exception that it would look ahead for the end of the block, set the
block's back-reference to the current marker, and upon reaching an "end"
with a back-reference, go back to the referenced marker.

Switch blocks can also be accomplished easily... the system is very
versatile!

- Chris Jacobson