Re: Gridded Zones

From: Marc Gale (m.gale@HUGH.BGC.AC.UK)
Date: 01/23/98

> > Why rooms seperated by zones instead of loaded into a grid? If they
> > were part of a grid then they would all be the same size.
>
> what? size? you mean, roughly 80x24? by default, as far as any code i've
> ever seen is concerned, rooms are all the same, excepting AFFs. a grid
> propigating sound and light..

I was considering using a proper grid structure for my zones but
after much discussion, we dropped the idea as impractical.  With a
grid, you have to have something in each cell otherwise you are
wasting valuable room numbers or space.  Of course, this isn't much
of a problem with two dimensional maps, but when you move to 3D.....

Marc