Re: [DG Scripts] mailing list request

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 01/23/98

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Tadrith Rashkae wrote:

>    Well, yes, it could be useful to stay on this list, but I figured the
>reason for the DG scripts list would be for more than just code-side
>assistance. I'm sure there will be plenty of development in new script
>triggers, and builders questions as well which may not be welcomed

Q1: What is the CircleMUD mailing list about? How do I post an article?

     The CircleMUD mailing list is for CircleMUD implementors and
administrators to gather together to discuss coding techniques, ideas,
methods, and solutions, as well as other CircleMUD related discussions such
as lib related items (the world, help files, etc), changes needed for
Operating Systems, bugs and problems, and so forth.

It's for both code and builders.  We just get a lot more coders.

>here...this is generally code. I, for one, would like to make myself a tell
>trigger, to recognize text from tells. I'm sure it's not too hard, I just
>have to look into it, but I think a new list would serve good purpose. That
>is also a very generous offer on your part, George. Unfortunately, a lot of
>us have admins who are too busy to stop and make a majordomo user. *grin*

Already have one. :)

>Lets see how many positive responses we get back on it. I am going to
>(attempt) to make a little more informative tutorial on the builder-side of
>scripting...the documentation even I found a little strangely worded, and my
>builders are requesting I make something for them anyways. I haven't gotten
>far into it, but it doesn't seem too dificult.

They're typically non-coders anyway.