Re: NEWBIE help

From: Robert Sinland (rsinland@ERSKINE.POLARISTEL.NET)
Date: 01/25/98

jimmy wrote:

> How can I stop the mud from running on the port if I cannot do it from
> inside the game.
>
> i did kill -9 to the autorun however if i try to run another one it locks
> up and says its already in use and it sill logs into the old one.
>
> I need to reboot to get the changes i made to fix it in but I can't
> because the copy that is running is screwed up.
>
> I hope that made sense.  I'm kinda stuck.

  from the autorun script...

# Creating a file called .killscript makes the script terminate (i.e.,
stop
# rebooting the MUD).  If you want to shut down the MUD and make it stay
# shut down, use the "shutdown die" command from within the MUD.
#
  So in theory you could do a touch .killscript from within the mud dir,
and bring
it all down...
RS