Re: Tintin1.7 beta release 1

From: Sean Butler (sbutler@DEVEAST.COM)
Date: 01/26/98

>What's the MudMaster chat command set?
>
>I was just adding a central notification system to my mud client
>(http://www.abandoned.org/drylock/mcl/) so it checks what version is the
>newest when it startsup (plus it tells you how many other people are using
>it :) and was considering if it should be possible to see what other
>people are online and send messages to them (but decided against it) - if
>there's some standard, maybe I should implement that instead :)

** I know this was a personal response Erwin but it deserved a public reply **
from me. :-)

Well MudMaster is a client for Win32 that has built into it a chat feature.
This chat feature uses tcp/ip sockets to create "chat connections" with
other MudMaster clients.  These chat connections allow users to talk, transfer
commands and variables, and transfer files. Until now only MudMaster has done
this.  What I have done is make a new version of tintin++ that supports the same
chat protocol.

This protocol was given to me by the creator of MudMaster
in the form of a MS Word file.  Tonight when I get home I will upload
that file to my ftp server.  The new and still in testing tintin client
is also available there.  I am calling it version 1.7, but there have been
many changes since the 1.6x versions (maybe i should call it 2.0)  There is
still much work to be done on it and if there is any interest I would be glad to
delegate projects out to the people here.

Tintin 1.65 ( the base code for my version ) was extremely buggy, and some
artifacts may still be left around.  I am trying to clean it up for good.
Please bear with me if you are having trouble compiling or running tintin.

One of the biggest projects is to make it pure ansi C.  Right now its a
bit of K&R and Ansi (the stuff I added is mostly ansi).  Another project
is a complete rewrite of the trigger, aliasing, and branching commands.

Any interested and adept :-) coders please send replies by personal email.

To get the source:  <ftp://deveast.com/deveast/tintin1.7b1.tar.gz>

Please, do not inundate me with problem reports, my mailbox is spammed as
it is.  If however, you find a bug that you can fix and create a patch, by
all means mail the patch to me. :-)

-- Sean