make_fun_body_parts

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/28/98

>         Oh, and for all you fans of the old (i think) merc style of
> killing monsters, where death wasn't the last bit of fun you could
> have with them - you can play with the body parts you cut off! well, I
> wrote a quick function "make_fun_body_pieces" or something of the sort
> long ago, and in my present wacky mood, I thought someone out there might
> enjoy it.  If anyone would like that, I'll send it out as well. It makes
> for some comedy if you hand someone his bowels when they log back in -
> after you deboweled them.  I mean... imagine it.. er.. rather.. icky.
> Never mind.  I think I'll go to sleep now. :)

Hey!
        That looks interesting... I kind of did something similar, but
with the corpse's stuff. I reqrote make_corpse a bit and made it so that
it worked like so:

make the obj.
loop for unequip ch and give it to corpse
loop for obj_from_char and give it to corpse
stick corpse in room
loop through all contents of corpse
  5% chance of item falling from corpse to ground with message.
  (This is kinda nasty because some items junk when they hit the ground.)
10% chance that a random amount of coins falls from corpse to ground with
  message.

I think that it would be neat to have something like:
A Fido's entrails stain your boots as you disembowel him!
> get entrails
You get the entrails of a Fido.
> eat entrails
You eat the entrails of a Fido.
Oops, it tasted rather strange!

Maybe have the first message change your boots from:
a pair of scruffy boots
to:
a pair of scruffy boots that are stained

Hmm....

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke