Re: Assigning a shop

From: X Schiltz (joes@SKIPNET.COM)
Date: 02/01/98

> The idea would include the possibility from the player side, to manage a
> menu very similar to that we have in sedit (olc).
Just thought I'd say that the normal, shop owning mobiles make a lot of
money for nothing, unless your player has an infinite supply
of...everything, I would consider it unwise to give your player much
control at all over what he can sell. Personally, I would give control
over two things, percent relative to worth for buying, and percent
relative to worth for selling, and give him/her no "always in stock"
items. This would facilitate a player controlled buy/sell shop, as opposed
to one where something is always in stock. (Sorry, now I'm rambling
incoherently:)Another possibility, however, would be to only give the
player a percentage of the money for items sold that are "always in
stock". Well...just things that you might think about...I suppose...not
that I know what you were already thinking about.

> The only trouble I have, at least so far, is the possibility to forward
> money to the owner of the shop even if he is not playing.

I don't know exactly how it works, but I don't think that a player needs
to be playing for you to increase the GET_GOLD(ch) (or something) for him.
Maybe I'm wrong...but that is very rare...(:

________
\  /
 \/
 /\