Re: MAX_STRING_LENGTH

From: Wesley Fonvergne (tadrith@GATEKEEP.NET)
Date: 02/01/98

        Would this also pertain to the look description limit on MOBs and stuff?
My builders are wanting more lines for descriptions and stuff, and I wasn't
quite sure where to change it.

>In structs.h:
>#define MAX_STRING_LENGTH       8192
>
>I'm in need of a output buffer that is quite a bit larger than that.
>Matter of fact, I probably need one to be twice that size.
>
>I changed that line to read:
>#define MAX_STRING_LENGTH       16384
>
>I recompiled and have played around with strings of all sizes, and nothing
>adverse seems to be occuring.
>
>Any words of warning or praise? :)
>

>John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/
>
>Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
>--Arthur C. Clarke

[ Tadrith Skandrakae, Implementor of Dreamscape ]
[     - telnet://mud.dreamscape.org:1234/ -     ]
["I lay my dreams before your feet;             ]
[    tread softly, for you tread on my dreams.  ]