Skill Dam Messages

From: S. Mead (meadsh@ECE.ORST.EDU)
Date: 02/06/98

I have added a new skill, similar to kick, and I have added it to the
damage messages in lib/misc/messages but the messages aren't being
called.

Here is what I did, maybe someone can tell me what I am missing:

-I added the commands to interpreter.c
-I added the level set in class.c
-I added the code in act.offensive.c  <basically a cut and paste of
kick>
-I added it to spell_parser.c in slot 153 of the skill section and to
the skillo
-I added a define in spells.h for 153
-I added the skill messages, right under kick for M 153

It all seems the same as kick, except no damage messages...  anyone have
an idea?

Another question, I am getting a warning that 'ch' might be
uninitialized in my perform violence function(I think this is also
causing crashes).  How do I go about initializing it?  I have my struct
char_data *ch; declaration, do I need something else?

I haven't found a document on how to add skills yet, but if there is one
out there, please flame me for not doing my research. :)

Thanks!
Shaw