[NEWBIE][CODE]

From: Bill Merrill (wyrm@SHORE.NET)
Date: 02/11/98

Hello,

I am trying to add a few classes and am using the race/class snippet by
Nashak. I have debugged most of the problems that still exist with my
certain setup but am still getting the following errors while trying to
compile:

make ../bin/circle
make[1]: Entering directory `/stor/src/circle30bpl11/src'
gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  interpreter.c
interpreter.c: In function `display_classes':
interpreter.c:1075: `ch' undeclared (first use this function)
interpreter.c:1075: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
interpreter.c:1075: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [interpreter.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/stor/src/circle30bpl11/src'
make: *** [default] Error 2

The following is the part of the code snippet that is causing the problem:

                void display_classes(struct descriptor_data *d) {
                int x;

                send_to_char("Class selection menu - please choose a
class\r\n----------------
                ----\r\n", d->character);
                for (x = 0; x < NUM_CLASSES; x++)
Line:1075      if (class_ok_race[(int)GET_RACE(ch)][x])
                  send_to_char(class_display[x], d->character);
                  send_to_char("\nClass: ", d->character);
                }

I have pored over this and cannot find a typo or anything else of the sort.
Any help or insight is most appreciated.

Regards,

wyrm