Re: [CODE] SKILL_RETREAT

From: Leonardo Herrera (leherrer@ENTELCHILE.NET)
Date: 02/13/98

X Schiltz wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, S. Mead wrote:
>
> >     This retreat skill allows a character to flee from battle in a
> > direction of his choosing and without loss of exp.  The main
> > disadvantage this skill has over FLEE is that it has a WAIT_STATE, [...]

> >  switch (*arg) {   /* This is sloppy...    */
> >   case 'n':   /* Should have checks for:  */
> >    dir = 0;  /* neswud and NESWUD and  */
> >    break;  /* north, east.... and   */
> >   case 'e':   /* NORTH, EAST.... and   */
> >    dir = 1;  /* North, East.... ect.    */
> >    break;  /* I'm sure there is an easier way. */
> >   case 's':

Hum...
switch (UPPER(*arg) ) {
  case 'N':

Or
switch ( *arg ) {
  case 'n': case 'N':

[...]

> If you're so worried about the slop, why not just add that stuff to
> do_move, add a wait state under the clause of if fighting...that's just
> off the top of my head, but it seems as though it should work, and be alot
> less work.

  Nah, the movement code is already a real mess as it is, and another
function doesn't hurt anybody, IMHO.

Bye, and Sorry for my english (I'm wondering if I should include this in
my signature :D )
--
Leonardo Herrera L.
mailto:leherrer@entelchile.net