Re: [IDEA] [CHANGING ZONES]

From: Mike Carpenter (abram@DELTANET.COM)
Date: 02/17/98

>>This is very close to something that I plan on doing.  What I would like
>>to do is have zones change depending on certain variables. An example is:
>>
>>The canyon is completely bare.
>>
>>But, if the time is winter and there is a storm, it would change to:
>>
>>The canyon is filled with snow.
>>
>>This is a very lame example, but it is what I want to do in a very simple
>>place.
>>
>>Every zone would have two or maybe even more copies.  The first part
would
>>to have it change depending on the time.  If it is day in the zone, the
>>shops are open and people are walking all over.  Once it turns to night,
>>the shops are closed and locked and nobody is out but the guards.
>>
>>I would then bbuild on that to include if a shop keeper was killed, the
>>room would have a different description.
>>
>An easier way to do this, which I believe has been discussed quite
>extensively on this list in the past, is to have extra descriptions
>that only appear under certain conditions.
>
>Check the archives for the full discussion ;)

Okay this has deviated a bit from the idea of a floating zone.  Tho similar
in idea I believe the process is a little more detailed? for changing the
connections of a room?
How would one go about creating a "floating zone" that will automatically
attach itself
to an already existing zone and configure the room numbers so that exits
exists or are
removed upon the zone moving to a new location?

Abram