Re: ascii pfile error

From: icemaster (icemaster@CAROL.NET)
Date: 02/18/98

Did you include subdir's under the \lib\pfiles?
such as
\lib\pfiles\a
\lib\pfiles\b
etc,etc up to z
It stores the player files under them according to the first letter of there
character name.
Check you log file it should look something like
Error Creating file \lib\pfiles\a (Or the first letter of your imp character)

At 10:20 PM 2/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>i have recently installed the ascii pfiles patch..having some problems. I
>added new entries for things I have added and it compiles cleanly.
>
>BUT, when someone logs on and makes a new character the system crashes as
>soon as it tries to write to pfile. Here is the log:
>
>Feb 18 18:27:44 :: Entering game loop.
>Feb 18 18:27:44 :: No connections.  Going to sleep.
>Feb 18 18:27:47 :: New connection.  Waking up.
>error opening output file: No such file or directory
>
>no clue whats wrong... /lib/pfiles/plr_index exists (with nothing in it).
>Im not sure if Im supposed to add anything in there and would appreciate
>some help on this. I took the bugfixed version from George's site and it
>only came with the patch..no docsascii

IcE Master
icemaster@Carol.net

"From the Fires of Time & The Core of the Earth"