Re: pfiles & autowiz

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 02/22/98

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Michael J. Fara wrote:

->I found that the automatic wizlist doesn't work after installing the ASCII
->playerfiles patch. Anyone know if this is a normal consequence to
->installing the patch or is something wrong?

Did you actually look at the autowiz.c code?  Assuming that the patch
you used doesn't change it (and I doubt it does), then by looking at
the code yourself you could have easily seen that it doesn't work with
ASCII pfiles.  It would take nothing short of rewriting the bulk of
the autowiz code to "fix" it.  Next time, look for yourself before
asking the list.  It'll save you a lot of time.

[smile and reread the above before sending any angry mails]

-dak