[CODE] Trouble Freeing Memory

From: Leif Bogwald (BOGWALDL@MALA.BC.CA)
Date: 02/22/98

Hi, the problem I am having has to do with freeing memory in player characters
special.  The mud crashes on free(ch->player_specials), and we get a libc error
saying that it can't free memory in a few memory blocks.  The mud has been
having this problem since we upgraded our compiler and library files.  Here
is the gdb error message:

Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.5.3.12...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.1...done.
0xbfffed30 in ?? ()

Also, the mud is allocating these memory blocks with calloc.  I was wondering
if it is as good as malloc.  Thank you for your time.

-- Leif Bogwald