[RP]Clans!

From: X Schiltz (joes@SKIPNET.COM)
Date: 02/25/98

If you just want me to get to the point, and don't really care about
filtering through any of this crap, here it is: Clans are cool, now, read
the rest.

As my codeine from my cough syrup begins to set in, I...*wait, I'm about
to switch tenses. No! I'll save grammatical face, at the cost of the
sound-not-stupidness of my sentence*...decide to tell you of days of old,
and how a clan made my MUD playing experience a
bit...more...euphoric(better).

I was but a young...lad...rooming the streets of Midgaard*cough cough*.
Suddenly, by a telepathic link that all members of me realm possesed, a
local darker called to me. "Meet me outside the treasure room at
Red"...fern? Oh I forget...oh well. I asked him what it was about...he
assured me, it was nothing to be afraid of, and that he would have to talk
to me about it there. I entered the room, the vault was closed, and he was
there. Behind me, the door closed; I was trapped! My heart raced, what
could I do?!? I calmed myself down, he wasn't here to hurt me, but why was
he here? He told me that he was a member of the...*&%*37@*(that's meish
for insert clan name that I don't remember here, it had "Dark" in it
somewhere)...He told me that the *&%Oh yeah! Dark BrotherHood was involved
in a dark buisness...stress reliefe, for a high price.*wink* *wink* (he
told it to me in blunter terms, but other people live in this house and
might be walking by not knowing the preface of this document). Anyways, he
asked me if I wished to join the Brotherhood; I had always ached for the
Dark Side(I'm going to be an Evil God in RL you see), and so I joined.

Weeks later I was contacted again via the telepathic link, he informed me
that he had a job for me, I told him, "But I'm so young..." He assured me
that I was ordered to do nothing of the sort, but was ordered instead to
spy on a rival clan. I spent weeks slowly warming up to one of the head
members, though I had known him for a while...it turned out that the clan
was to dissolve...soon enough, but I turned up a very important piece of
news, I uncovered an agent from the rival clan attempting to make his way
into the Brotherhood, the agent, my own RL best friend! He of course new
nothing about my involvement in the Brotherhood, but after some coersing
told me all about his involvement in the rival clan and about how he had
been ordered to infiltrate the Brotherhood. Via the link, I immediately
contacted my superior, who was very pleased...that was the best feeling in
the world...well...second best, let  me rate them:

1._ _ _(we all know)
2.Euphoria

Number 3. is a bodily function that has nothing to do with number 1...on
my list at least.

As a MUD God, you aren't going to give them 3, and you sure as heck aren't
going to give them 1. 2. is a reasonable goal, for now (;

As I see it, the only way that you are going to give them 2, is to give
them human interaction(and your parents tell you to get off of the
computer!(in a start higher end lower tone of voice)). I think that one of
the best ways to do this is to give them a chance to set up clans. Sell
clan houses(not cheaply).Build them altars in the woods(a little more
cheaply), nothing much, just a place that they can drag off unwilling PCs
to ta sacrifice their hearts to the diety of their choice(maybe
you!)...or...clip the toe nails off beastly fido's if you're super
sensitive to that kind of stuff(Though they might /accidently/ hit that
vein in the nail that causes the dog no pain and /rush/ for that powder
that makes it stop...but not before a couple of drops of blood hit the
alter.../accidently/ *wink* *wink*).

My point:Clans Are Cool. Facilitate clans, if nobody has the guts to
strike one up, pretend to be PC's and make rival clans, one of pure
good(to the point that it HATES evil people), and another of PURE evil(no
limit there), get people to spy and kill(OK, I'm done now, the rest is
just crap, except for the sig file) and make bodily noises without
saying excuses! That's what a MUD is about! *raises his arms to his
screaming and adoring crowd as they rush to raise him into the air and
celebrate his triumph of imagination*

(no, just kidding, I'm not THAT full of myself, but it seemed poetic)

Now, if I can just say a bit more before my codeine starts to set in.
(yes, I'm trying to say something down there, if you can decode it, you
when the equivalent of $1000000000000000000000000000 X-ville dollars(I'm
the emperor of the communist state of X-Ville(All of the populace(me),
gives its earning to the government(headed by me), some money is set aside
for the emperor(me) and the rest is divided by the number of full time
citizens(1), and the amount is distributed amoung the populace(me).
Secretly...no...wait...the emperor DOESN"T have afairs with any of the
other citizens.

Canserewatsvedmlfe.Ilvullan

\  /            I deserve a couple of paragraphs of crap for all of that.
 \/             Aye...me eye!
 /\             Aye? Yer eye?!?
/  \            Aye me eye!
X Schiltz       MUD:telnet://dataserv.net:4000
(Joe Schilz)    homepage:http://www.skipnet.com/~joes/