Re: [SYSTEM-Solaris] Compiling Circle 2.x

From: Rob Bagsby (galen@AIRNET.NET)
Date: 02/26/98

Tony Robbins wrote:

> At 08:52 AM 2/26/98 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Having a lot of trouble compiling an existing mud which was based on Circ
> >2.1 code on my Solaris 2.5.1 SUN server.
> >
> >I am using the GNU gcc compiler and do have the BSD Compatibility libraries
> >loaded but dont think gcc is using them.
>
> If you have moved to a new operating system (which it sounds like), you need
> to run ./configure from CircleMUD's top level directory.  Bear in mind that
> (if Circle 2.1 is anything like 3.0.12) anything in your Makefile and not in
> your Makefile.in will be rewritten.  This will write a new conf.h.

Before running configure, you need to delete config.log, config.status and
config.cache,
otherwise it will use previous values instead of  looking for new ones.  With
Solaris,
it should also add -lcrypt -lsocket and a few other link options to the
Makefile...which
should fix the errors and allow it to compile...just went thru this myself ;)

Galen