Re: Help!! (and stockmarket)

From: X Schiltz (joes@SKIPNET.COM)
Date: 02/27/98

> >      obcircle: I am trying to work out a stock market system for my mud.
> >      Each hometown will have its own stock.  I am thinking about using some
> >      Fourier equations (the ones with all the sine's and cosines) to make
> >      it semi predictable, with some other influencing factors, like the
> >      buying/selling of shares/stuff at the towns stores.
> >
> >      Can anyone think of other factors?  Anyone have a good equation that
> >      might work for this?

Here's the best equation I could think of:
base value * stocks owned by npcs/stocks owned by pcs

Make some progs(or whatever) for a bunch of mobs in a certain zone to mill
around, and scream things(like by or sell) to crystal balls. Make the guy
on the balchony king. Take the mayor progs(or whatever), give them to him,
and don't change anything except for "I declare Midgaard city open" and
closed to the stock market. Put in lots of things for your players to
pilfer, it will make them feel important, and dirty at the same time.

In all seriousness, everything is based on supply and demand(I
believe)(not trying to take your credit, other guy that responded, just
elaborating). Aren't stocks just a divy of all of the buisnesses wealth?
Something like that. Oh well...never mind...I've lost my will to
elaborate.

        \  /
         \/
         /\