dgevents 1.0 patch released

From: Eric Green (ejg3@CORNELL.EDU)
Date: 03/01/98

Greetings,

I have just uploaded a patch based on Death Gate's events.  This patch
provides similar functionality to Luis Carvalho's event package.  The
DG events should be more efficient.  To reduce the confusion, i have
named this version dgevents.

You can get this patch from:

        ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/code

as soon as it makes it way out of the incoming directory.

Please note i am not interested in getting into a discussion of which
version of events is better.  If you have constructive suggestions for
improvements of my version, please email me direct.

I am currently working on a patch to add event based regeneration based
on dg events (though the other event system should work with minor
modifications).  Instead of hit/mana/move jumping every tick, these
things regenerate one point at a time (still at the same rate though).
Among other things, this prevents people from using tick timers to
sleep a couple seconds before a tick and get the whole tick counted for
their regen rate.

This regen patch is currently functional, but i still need to prepare
the documentation and desk check it some more.  Anyone interested in
testing it out in its current form can email me (NOT THE LIST) to
request a copy.

Eric
ejg3@cornell.edu