Re: OLC

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 03/02/98

>     compile daily statistics for a couple of weeks.  One day's worth of
>     mail could just be a statistical blip, hardly a good indicator that
>     another list is needed.

It's not just one day's worth of mail, this is this case almost
every day.  I easily delete 1/2 to 2/3 of the mail posted to this list
without reading it, because it is OLC related (and a bunch more that
are OS/compiler/debugger related).
If you haven't noticed this, you are either involved in these threads,
and therefore don't mind them, or you, um... well, let's not go there ;)

Just pay attention for a few days and you'll see.  I'll compile stats
if you want, but it should hardly be necessary...

>     Your bad analysis aside, 73 messages in a 2-3 day period for this list
>     just ain't that much.... that is about 12% of the list posting a day,
>     consider yourself lucky.

Of what list?  I don't have any filters and receive 100% of the emails
posted to the Circle mailing list.  73 messages = 100% of the email
from this weekend, not 12%.  If it is only 12%, where are the rest
of the posts hiding, such that I am missing them?
(that's over 600 posts, btw...)

>     ok... now for the real topic of my post :) (not)
>     OBcircle:
>     How would people go about having a spell that lets players create a
>     room to hide in, kinda like the AD&D spell 'rope trick'.  Getting the
>     people to the room is easy, getting them back to their original room
>     is a little harder.

Use one of the spares in the player struct and call it something like
prev_room, which contains the room number of room the player was
last in before reaching their current room.
Could possibly have other uses as well.