[CODE] Events

From: Chuck Reed (creed@I-55.COM)
Date: 03/02/98

I'm trying the event code from the circlemud ftp on my testing mud.  There
are a few problems with it.  Some I knew how to fix, some I don't.

The instructions tell you to add this:
events.o: events.c structs.h events.h utils.h comm.h handler.h db.h
<TAB>$(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) events.c
in your makefile.  Well, as minor as it may be, the files that come in the
tar file don't have an 's' at the end of them.  IE, event.c event.h

Secondly, you need to tell comm.c and handler.c where the functions
run_events and clean_events are coming from.

You need to redefine an include in event.c to include event.h not events.h

Now that I've gotten through what I know how to fix, here's what I don't.

gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  event.c
In file included from event.c:4:
structs.h:1032: parse error before `socket_t'
structs.h:1032: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
structs.h:1063: parse error before `}'
In file included from event.c:7:
comm.h:34: parse error before `desc'
comm.h:44: parse error before `sigfunc'
comm.h:44: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
event.c: In function `run_events':
event.c:31: warning: passing arg 3 makes integer from pointer without a cast

This is what I get upon compiling.  And yeah, you guessed it, I haven't
touched the areas it says has parse errors and what not.  Anyone else use
this and have the same problems?

Chuck