Re: Olc Types.

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 03/03/98

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira wrote:

> You assign an area to a player and he becomes the builder assigned to it.
> Upper levels are the only ones that can enter it and he is the only one
> that can use the "hot walk" mode. Now, he uses redit to edit room #0 and
> that room becomes his templates. When he "hotwalks" new rooms are made
> according to this template. When he wants to make new ones he either edits
> room #0 (for creating a large set of look-alike rooms) or edits each room
> separately after creating it. (I'd make it code-mandatory for each
> template room to have this text as uneditable "This room is still
> unfinished. Report to Zone Master", so players still had to go and add
> details to the rooms).
[mob example snipped]
> I haven't done it yet (I am waiting for PL13 and/or Oasis 2), but I am
> polishing the details. Any ideas on how to do this best?...

This much is possible using obuild .07 or .08 with the room editor menu
patch.  I took a different appraoch with my menuing interface in that
instead of taking the builder out of the game (using CON states), I added
"hooks" that process editor entries while keeping the ability to use all
the other mud commands.

A builder using the room menus can walk from one room to the next,
editing as he/she goes.  If there's no room in the direction the builder
walks, it creates a new room there.  As for the template, that's done
using the "redit default <vnum>" command.

This may not be the best way, but it does create a room layout very
quickly.

Sam