Re: disabling OLC

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/03/98

> But if you use a flag to the compiler, say -DUSE_OLC, then you don't
> have the overhead of OLC not being used as you just don't compile it
> into the program.
>
> Might be kind of a pain to #ifdef the OLC stuff, and you can't get
> 100% of it, but it could be done and you could get the majority of it.

        Doubt it - grab a copy of stock circle and the olc patch, and type
"patch -D USE_OLC < OasisOLCv1.6b_bpl12.patch" or what have you, it puts
the ifdefs right in.  I'm sure that something as optional seeming as olc
would have this put in, specially cause its so easy.

        Does olc actually use memory (sides size of program) when not
being used?  I wouldn't think so. It dosen't use processor time when its
not being used either - I think the only differences you'd notice would be
in compile time (if you changed something in the olc-depenant files).
Course, if I wasn't going to use it, i'd yank it all together.

                                                PjD