Re: More uh. yep. Dynamic Board stuff.

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 03/04/98

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, George wrote:

> A slated-for-bpl13 item is this in modify.c:
>
>   /*
>    * Erase any ~'s inserted by people in the editor.  This prevents anyone
>    * using online creation from causing parse errors in the world files.
>    * Suggested by Sammy <samedi@dhc.net>, -gg 2/20/98
>    */
>   while ((tilde = strchr(str, '~')))
>     *tilde = ' ';
>
> If anyone thinks that's too drastic, gripe now. :)

Not too drastic, just very 'powerful' code. Make sure that it's blantly
obvious in some documentation that tildes in descrips will end up as
spaces. It would take some serious RTFCing to see that code, and we all
know that most newbie coders just don't do that all that well.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke