Re: Invasion!

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/05/98

        To add my bit to this, one mud I know had something like an
invasion, though its not called that.  It was a bit better.  What happened
in this case was basically evil beings from another dimension would take
over a zone. If they weren't driven out in a certain time period, they
would take over the entire zone, and replace the mobs already there with
evil versions of themselves - like shopkeepers and the like.  These mobs
would actually be hostile to the pcs.  Of course, a few places, especially
the city where the newbies start were never effected, but other cities
that had the higher level guildmasters were frequent targets.

        Always wondered how much of that was code, and how much was simply
cooridinated effort.

                                PjD